Social Media Marketing
can help you reach all the people who matter most to your business
If you’re looking for a general overview of how to use Facebook to help your business grow, these fundamentals will set you up for success. You can also focus your activity on Facebook to meet specific business goals.
- Set up your page
- Identify your audience
- Create compelling content
- Measure and adjust
Create the hub for your business on Facebook
Your Facebook Page makes your business:
Discoverable: When people search for you on Facebook, they’ll be able to find you.
Connected: Have one-on-one conversations with your customers, who can like your Page, read your posts and share them with friends, and check in when they visit.
Timely: Your Page can help you reach large groups of people frequently, with messages tailored to their needs and interests.
Insightful: Analytic on your Page will give you a deeper understanding of your customers and your marketing activities.
Think about who you’d like to meet, and introduce yourself.
To help you connect, consider:
- What do your ideal customers have in common?
- How old are they, and where do they live?
- How can your business help them?
- Would one group be more interested in specific messages, products or services?
- A sale or a timely offer?
Make your business come alive on Facebook
As you post updates, photos and more, think about what your customers find interesting and inspiring. How will you talk to them? What do you want to consistently communicate about your business?
Does your audience love photos or prefer when you share useful links?
- Be authentic
- Be responsive
- Be consistent
- Do what works
- Make successful posts into successful promotions
Reach more of the people who matter most to you
Once you’ve started connecting with your customers on Facebook, you’ll want to find other people who are likely to be interested in your product or service. You can use Facebook ads to send the right message to the right people, just when they’re most open to discovering your business.
Find out what’s working well, so you can maximise the impact of every post and ads
Facebook has a lot of different tools to help you measure how you’re doing.
- Visit Page Insights regularly and look for trends so you can develop more of the best-performing content.
- Use Page Insights to understand who responds to your messages. Make sure to look at the gender, age and location of the people who are the most engaged with your business so you can continue to engage them through targeted ads and promoted posts.
- When you create your ads, try out different images and headlines to see what works. Facebook will automatically optimise your campaign so that more of your budget goes to the ad that’s performing the best.
- Ask how people heard about you – at the end of a call, in a survey, or at the point of sale- and keep track of what they say. It will supplement the data Facebook’s tools provide.